Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why Be World Explorers?

Here's a better question: Why NOT be World Explorers?
A well-rounded person spends his or her whole life on a quest to learn new things. They realize that nobody will ever know everything, but that they might as well try to get as close as they can.

By exploring new environments, programs, and ideas, our class will become more marketable in the 'real world' and more successful in relationships, from family, to friends, to colleagues in the workplace. We will learn and practice interpersonal skills, time-management, marketing ourselves, leadership tools, and organization. Many of the projects our class produces can be used in life situations outside of school, e.g. resumes, cover letters, slideshow presentations, household budgets, etc.


I chose this theme because it is important to me that students broaden their horizons at every opportunity. I want my students to know something other than the world outside their door. I am dedicated to equipping my students with skills and tools that will take them far past my classroom into successful lives and careers.


~Ms. Davis


Signpost in Boracay, Philippines, where I visited in February 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment