Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Silver and Gold

Each new year is seen as a chance to assess our lives and reflect on what we have experienced.  It can also be an opportunity to then think about and make plans for the year to come.  This month our blogs will be setting the stage for the year 2011.


Make new friends
And keep the old.
One is silver,
And the other, gold.
-Girl Scout song


INSTRUCTIONS: Open a new tab, login to Blogger, and click New Post.  Think about the year 2010.  Who were your best friends last January, or who did you spend a lot of time with last summer?  What about now, are you still as good of friends with these people as you were back then?  Why or why not?  Now think about one friend you have now that you became friends with just last year.  One year ago you did not know them.  What caused you to become friends?  What is your favorite thing about this person?  Describe your old and your new friends, and think about those friendships and the changes they have undergone.  Are you happy with the way these friendships have developed?  What can you do to cultivate them? When you are finished, click Publish Post.


Ms. Davis’s Answer:

A year ago I was living in Korea, and my best friends were Marcus and Sarah.  After I moved back home in June, I spent most of my time with Angela and Chris.  Now I do not get to see my friends from Korea any more, and that is really sad, but I still spend a good amount of time with my best friend Angela.  We have been friends since middle school.  Someone I am friends with now that I did not know before last year is my friend Jake.  He is really intelligent and extremely generous.  I am grateful to know all of these people, and I know that we will always remain friends.   I will not let too much time pass in between making contact.   

No comments:

Post a Comment