Friday, January 21, 2011

What's in a Name?

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - Juliet, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

INSTRUCTIONS: Open a new tab, log in to Blogger, and click New Post.  Do you know the meaning of your name?  Use BehindtheName.com to search for your name and find out its origin and use MeaningofNames.com to find the meaning of it.  Do you like your name?  If you could change your name tomorrow, would you?  What would you change it to?  When you are finished, click New Post.

Ms. Davis's Answer:

My name, Jennifer, is from the Welsh name Guinevere.  It means white wave.  I do like my name now, although I wish it weren't so common.  If I could change my name tomorrow, I wouldn't do it.  Maybe if I could go back and start with a different name I would, but I wouldn't want to switch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment